Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical
solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil &
gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general
processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings
Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio
includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system
and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves,
sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is
custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and
productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services.
Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through
facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as
well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover
Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation's Pumps & Process
Responsible for assuring the continuous supply of assigned
components to support customer service goals, minimize the total
landed cost of material and optimize company's cash flow.
* Evaluates and acts upon the MRP requirements and Kanban levels
for assigned commodities. Generates and adjusts purchase orders
and/or shop work orders to support production schedules.
Effectively communicates areas of concern to appropriate
departments, individuals and/or suppliers. Inputs, maintains, and
adjusts records or transactions to ensure system validity.
* Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement
opportunities and alternative courses of action to supply
chain/value stream leaders. Supports purchasing management in
activities such as price benchmarking, vendor management, process
analysis, market and industry research, and model building.
* Consistently applies purchasing policies, procedures and
processes. Conducts minor contract negotiations. Gathers
information and provides input on larger contracts. Manages loading
and retrieving of legal and compliance documents into applicable
* Proactively identifies and takes appropriate corrective actions
to prevent material shortages. Expedites materials as required and
provides accurate material status information to other departments
and site management.
* Effectively communicates forecasted requirements to external
* Objectively measures and communicates supplier performance to
support supply chain continuous improvement efforts. Interfaces
with Suppliers, Quality, Strategic Sourcing, and Engineering to
quickly resolve quality, delivery or cost issues.
* Drives increased inventory turns, reduced cycle times, and
improved Customer OTD by developing, implementing and managing
pull-based material replenishment processes, including, but not
limited to Kanban cards, vendor managed inventory and supplier
* Works closely with the Value Stream, Commodity Management,
Manufacturing, and Engineering teams to proactively identify,
prioritize and complete resourcing and supplier development
* Supports resourcing and out-sourcing projects by proactively
planning materials to ensure uninterrupted flow of product to
customers as required.
* Provides effective support to new product introduction teams,
proposal development and subcontracting opportunities as they
* Ensures quick resolution of shipping discrepancies, receiving
errors, and invoice errors, and authorizes all inventory
adjustments. Coordinates adjustments to ship dates or quantities on
open purchase orders as necessary.
* Works to eliminate excess and obsolete parts, and rationalize
* Consistent with DOVER's Operational Excellence focus,
participates in Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events that will
eliminate waste and result in significant benefits (Growth, Safety,
Quality, Delivery, and Cost) throughout the Supply Chain.
* Engenders a spirit of cooperation throughout the supply chain to
insure responsiveness to the customer.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills;
ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions. Includes a
strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and
* Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft office suite software
(e.g. Word, Excel, Access, MS project, etc.).
* Prior experience implementing and managing a Kanban or pull
system approach to component flow.
* Knowledge of supplier and component qualification processes.
* Knowledge of supplier performance management practices, including
supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
* Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform
and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work
* Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and
influence up, down, and across organizational lines.
Education and Experience:
* BS/BA in business or technical field and a minimum of 5 years of
related experience; or an MS/MBA in related field. Extensive
experience in purchasing/planning can be substituted in lieu of
* Direct experience working with suppliers from low cost regions
(India, China, Eastern Europe, Etc.).
* Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream
Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, etc.)
* CPIM, CSCP, Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma Green Belt
certifications highly desirable.
* Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to
change and updates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Procurement, Engineer, Purchasing, Lean Six Sigma,
Supply, Operations, Engineering, Finance, Management
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Pearland , Senior Buyer, Accounting, Auditing , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!