Senior Finance Manager
Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Dover Precision Components is hiring an accounting- based Senior
Finance Manager. We are a world leader in the design and
manufacture of permanent bearing protection and complete shaft
sealing solutions for a variety of rotating equipment across
multiple industries. We offer competitive pay and benefits and the
ability to be a key accounting and finance leader onsite and within
the Dover Precision Components' finance organization. This is a
hybrid position- work remotely 2 days a week (if you'd like) and
onsite 3 days a week in our South Houston location, near Pearland,
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As part of the leadership team, develop strategies to help
improve financial health and meet short-term and long-term
- Partner with cross-functional business leaders to produce
monthly, annual, and multi-year financial forecasts that drive
results, supporting our company objectives.
- Manage month end close, financial statements, and analysis
through direct and indirect resource supervision.
- Work closely with commercial team to evaluate sales plans,
prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts, generate upside and
downside risk profiles based upon customer and market
- Work closely with Shared Services to ensure financial
operations, systems and controls are aligned globally and
optimized. Provide analysis on variances to plan, forecast, & prior
- Prepare accurate consolidated financial statements in
accordance with GAAP by gathering and analyzing cross functional
information using financial and operating systems.
- Monitor achievement against variable sales and compensation
plans to align with performance outputs including bonus programs,
sales incentive programs, rebates, and commissions.
- Manage financial pulse, risk & opportunity intelligence, and
expenditures including developing Annual STRAT and AOP
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to enhance
operating conditions of the department, finance function and
overall business operations.
- Monitor results against developed budgets. Collaborate with
Site Leadership to deliver results within budgetary
- Monitor expense trends for research and development including
involvement with new product development projections and ROI
- Develop and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to
align with delivery of desired service level to the business.
- Support the planning and integration of acquired businesses
into the organization.
- Develop consistent framework for financial processes and
leverage best practices.
- Promote Continuous Improvement culture. Utilize CI methods to
raise accuracy (quality), improve processing time, and enhance
reporting. Work to increase employee productivity through
elimination of redundant activities, root cause investigations, and
- Perform analysis and special projects on an as needed basis to
support the business unit. WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Accounting and Finance roles,
preferably within manufacturing environment. Experience should
include business partnership, financial statements, Annual
Operating Plan, and forecasting.
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel. Proficient with Word and
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality is
mandatory due to the sensitive nature of information in area of
- Acumen for dealing with financial concepts and accuracy
critical to position requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. ALSO GREAT IF
YOU BRING/ PREFERENCES
- Master's degree.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management
- Strong ERP system experience.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and/or supervising others.
About the Company:
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions
for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas,
power generation, marine, industrial, chemical, and general
processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings
Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio
includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system
and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves,
sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is
custom engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability, and
productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services.
Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through
facilities in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, as
well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover
Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation.
Dover Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer and
solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $8 billion.
We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable
supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and
support services through five operating segments: Engineered
Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging and Identification, Pumps and
Process Solutions, and Refrigeration and Food Equipment. Dover
combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets
we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60
years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership
mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New
York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is
available at www.dovercorporation.com.
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Pearland , Senior Finance Manager, Executive , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!