Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: November 22, 2021
More Information about this Job:
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provides direct patient care in accordance with company protocols
and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open
shifts as needed in the assigned area. Administers first aid
treatment to and transports sick or injured persons to medical
facility, working as a member of the emergency medical team, by
performing the following duties and complying with the State
Department of Health standards and protocols.
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and
drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified
- Monitors communication equipment to maintain contact with
- Removes or assists in removal of victims from scene of accident
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury and the
magnitude of the catastrophe to establish first aid procedures to
be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on
statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims,
and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Administers prescribed first aid treatment at site of emergency
or in specially equipped vehicle, performing such activities as
application of splints, administration of oxygen or intravenous
injections, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or
administration of artificial resuscitation.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel at emergency
treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further
treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment
- Assists in removal of victims from vehicle and transfers victims
to treatment center.
- Assists treatment center admitting personnel to obtain and record
information related to victims' vital statistics and circumstances
- Maintains vehicles and medical and communication equipment and
replenishes first aid equipment and supplies.
- Assists professional medical personnel in emergency treatment
administered at medical facility.
- Documents complete, thorough, and accurate Pre-hospital Care
Reports and billing forms. All paperwork must be completed and
turned in prior to leaving duty.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- State Certified Advanced EMT
- Language Skills: The employee must be able to interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. The employee must be able to write routine
reports and correspondence. The employee must be able to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of the
- Reasoning Ability/Mathematical Skills: The employee must be able
to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The employee
must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. The employee must be able to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The
employee must be able to interpret an extensive variety of
technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- State Certified Advanced EMT
- Current BLS/CPR Certificate
- Valid State Drivers License
- Infection Control Certificate
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather
conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee occasionally works
near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes
or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of
electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. Potential
exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and
airborne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; talk
or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to
sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100
pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to
use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment,
or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of
Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR
family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination
status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Pearland , EMT Basic, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!