Nurse Supervisor (Pool)
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the
development and implementation of patient care programs, policies,
and procedures that describe how patients' needs for nursing care,
treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met. This
position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the
delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent
patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an
inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and
accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and
sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an
on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served
in the hospital.
Job Code: 100374
License Or Certification
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within
one year of hire or entry in to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the
eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training And Years Of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) experience in an
inpatient hospital setting
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or lead
capacity where they had responsibility for interim reporting, issue
resolution, setting direction and had accountability for
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining
a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency Or Productivity Standards
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 2121 Business Center Drive, Pearland 77584
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2126026by Jobble
Keywords: Encompass Health, Pearland , Nurse Supervisor (Pool), Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!