Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Medical Assistant will perform administrative and certain
clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative
duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical
records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes.
Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and
medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing
blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or
information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the
rooms neat and clean.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing
and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming
purpose of visit or treatment.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the
specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or
physicians' instructions to patients.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones,
taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information
and instructions; answering questions.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them
instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving
injections or removing sutures.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients
for tests or admission.
- Records billing information of services rendered; complete
insurance forms; respond to insurance and other third-party
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
patient care information confidential.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills,
Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control,
Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and
experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and
abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge,
skills and abilities would be:
- Must have 1-2 years' experience as a Medical Assistant in a
designated specialty area preferred, OR, have graduated from an
accredited MA or Medical Office Management program that meets
nationally accepted standards. Clinical education and/or experience
may be substituted for MA certificate.
Physical and Other Requirements:
This position may require 8 to 10 hour days, flexible hours and
some weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger
dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body
- Must be able to lift 20-25 pounds in any given day. Lifting up
to 40-50 pounds may occasionally be required.
- Standing/walking 75 - 100% of the time during clinic
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Must be able to operate a vehicle to report to other locations
Angleton, Sweeny and Pearland.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and
employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties
as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as
required. We reserves the right to revise or change job duties and
responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: eESI, Pearland , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!