Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: May 10, 2022
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
This position performs radiography (x-ray) examinations to aid
physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. This
position may also perform some exams in more complex modalities.
Job Description Minimum Qualifications Education: Graduate of an
accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R), required Experience / Knowledge
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with
others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "Advancing health.
Personalizing care" through compassion, courage, credibility, and
commitment to community. Principal Accountabilities
- Performs radiography (x-ray) exams on patients ensuring
compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients
for exam, obtains and records patient's vital signs, explains
procedure, administers IV and contrast when necessary, positions
patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and
ensures technical quality of the images.
- Enters and monitors patient data.
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment.
- May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment
malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department. May be required to
work weekends and float to other locations as needed.
- May administer breath alcohol test and/or urine drug
- May be required to perform patient registration tasks such as
verifying insurance, collecting payments, etc.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned. Associated topics: arrt, cardiac,
cath, cath laboratory, ct scan, ct technologist, ndt, radiologic,
tomography, x ray
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Pearland , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!