Charge Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE:
Full-timeDo you have the career opportunities you want in your
current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the
nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Charge RN.We
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity.HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland - Pearland,
TexasCharge Nurse (RN) - Emergency RoomAs a vital member of the HCA
Healthcare System, HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland which offers 33
licensed beds and shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals
across the United States and England, including The Woman's
Hospital of Texas and HCA Healthcare Clear Lake.The hospital is
affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare
Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of
hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and
diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi
and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory
care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional
transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Accurately assesses patient acuity and assigns appropriate
- Provides clinical direction to staff and evaluates the level of
care provided by nursing staff.
- Collaborates with physicians to provide appropriate plan of
- Develops and maintains effective communication with staff,
physicians, EMS patients /families.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of task & duties in the
direction and coordination of health care team members.
- Assures completion of department checklist and ensures ER daily
assignments are done.
- Demonstrates awareness of hospital and departmental policies
and procedures; assures compliance with and uses these as a basis
for decision making for both clinical and management issues.
- Performs documentation duties on unit and in patient's medical
record which is timely accurate and concise.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following
established protocols informing appropriate personnel and
- Actively participates in solving problems on the unit to
improve process issues as well as patient flow.
- Supports departmental and hospital performance improvement
- Makes staff assignments based on patient acuity and staff skill
- Serves as a resource for the staff.
- Responds timely to request for information or follow up with
physician, staff or patient issues.
- Assists as needed with department audit
processes.Qualifications What qualification you will need:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required
- BSN required
- Current TX RN licensure required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
- Forensic Collection Continuing Education
- Certified Emergency Nursing Certification recommended
- Minimum of 2 years of experience requiredHCA Healthcare ranks
on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition,
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd
love to hear from you.If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We
are actively interviewing so apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland, Pearland , Charge Nurse (RN) Emergency Room, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!