Company: eEmployers Solutions Inc
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryThe Medical Assistant will
perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the
direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include
scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and
coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may
include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories,
preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and
administering medications as directed by physician.Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or
information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the
rooms neat and clean.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing
and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming
purpose of visit or treatment.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the
specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or
physicians' instructions to patients.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones,
taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information
and instructions; answering questions.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them
instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving
injections or removing sutures.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients
for tests or admission.
- Records billing information of services rendered; complete
insurance forms; respond to insurance and other third-party
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
patient care information confidential.Knowledge, Skills and
- Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills,
Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control,
Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork.Education RequirementsAny
combination equivalent to the following education and experience
that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities
would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and
abilities would be:
- Must have 1-2 years' experience as a Medical Assistant in a
designated specialty area preferred, OR, have graduated from an
accredited MA or Medical Office Management program that meets
nationally accepted standards. Clinical education and/or experience
may be substituted for MA certificate.Physical and Other
Requirements:This position may require 8 to 10 hour days, flexible
hours and some weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger
dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body
- Must be able to lift 20-25 pounds in any given day. Lifting up
to 40-50 pounds may occasionally be required.
- Standing/walking 75 – 100% of the time during clinic
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Must be able to operate a vehicle to report to other locations
Angleton, Sweeny and Pearland.Additional Information:This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will
also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned
by immediate supervisor and other management as required. We
reserves the right to revise or change job duties and
responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer.Powered by JazzHRGPWKbi9vWp
Keywords: eEmployers Solutions Inc, Pearland , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!