Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care - $32-39 per hour
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Posted on: November 17, 2022
HCA Houston Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) PACU -
Post Anesthetic Care for a nursing job in Pearland, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 10 hours, days, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription Do you have the career
opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of
healthcare services as a Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical UnitWe
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.HCA
Houston Healthcare Pearland - Pearland, Texas--Registered Nurse -
Medical Surgical UnitAs a vital member of the HCA Healthcare
System, HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland which offers 33 licensed
beds and shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the
United States and England, including The Woman's Hospital of Texas
and HCA Healthcare Clear Lake.--The hospital is affiliated with HCA
Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.--
--What you will do in this role:
- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving
persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their
offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of
patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA
- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic
illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety.
- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted
- Administration of Medications - knowledge of commonly utilized
medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and
management of PCA infusion.
- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and
- Management of airways - oxygen set-up (nasal cannula,
ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and
tracheal), and tracheotomy care.
- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory
- Management of the patient with decubitus:-- staging, selection
of surface, and encourages mobility.
- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube,
- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares
patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as
Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis
(Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA.
- Management of blood transfusions - obtains consents, blood
justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions.-- Monitors
for transfusion reactions.
- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient.What
qualification you will need:--
- Current RN licensure issued by the Texas Board of Nurse
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- 6 months experience required.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification --HCA Healthcare
ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three
consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In
addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.--If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply
today!--We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.--------HCA Houston
Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-404222. Pay package is based on 10 hour
shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job
title: Registered Nurse Post Op
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Pearland , Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care - $32-39 per hour, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!