Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $36-50 per hour
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Posted on: March 20, 2023
HCA Houston Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR -
Operating Room for a nursing job in Houston, Texas.Job Description
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: No WeekendsDescription
IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are
celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At
HCA Houston Healthcare West our nurses set us apart from any other
healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse RN
Operating Room to join our healthcare family.BenefitsHCA Houston
Healthcare West, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Houston Healthcare West, our nurses play a vital part. We
know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to
create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is
your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life - for life - and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our
Registered Nurse RN Operating Room opportunity.Job Summary and
QualificationsWe are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room
for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients
with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that
works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal
addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
We want you to apply now!What You Will Do In Your Role:
- -You will have an understanding of aseptic technique and apply
the knowledge in assuring maintenance of a sterile field and in
assisting in a procedure or prepping a patient for surgery.
- -You will demonstrate knowledge of which areas need to be
prepped for the different kinds of procedure.
- -You will assesses the patient prior to surgery and establishes
that the patient understands the procedure being done and that a
"timeout" be done prior to any procedure with the rest of the
- -You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serve as a
resource to the Surgical Services team.
- -You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing
care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.What
qualifications you will need:
- -Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing is required. BSN
- -Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
in an Operating Room setting is required.
- -Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or
Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are
required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire
- -Current BLS and ACLS Certification are required.
- -CNOR is preferred.This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service, 300+ bed
hospital that has been offering exceptional care to the West
Houston communities for over 30 years. We proudly provide Houston
residents with exceptional healthcare, including a vast-array of
medical services from board-certified doctors and nationally
accredited departments. We are recognized as a Certified Primary
Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and under an affiliation
agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we are able to bring
our community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a
three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer
Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA
Houston Healthcare West, provide additional services to meet the
needs of our community. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare,
the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part
of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA
Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible
in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every
stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our
Registered Nurse RN Operating Room opening. Apply today and a
member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.HCA Houston Healthcare Job ID
#1-INFOR-795429. Posted job title: Registered Nurse RN Operating
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Pearland , Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $36-50 per hour, Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...