Company: Third Coast Terminals
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position SummaryUnder the direction of the Reaction Chemistry
Process Manager, the Reactor Operator's main task is to:Job
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must have thorough understanding of all Reaction and Blending
- Monitor operating conditions, report variances from normal
conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain optimum process
- Must have distillation experience.
- Must be willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating shift
schedule and work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have complete understanding of the lock-out/tag-out
- Conduct all job-related tasks in a safe manner; comply with all
governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific
procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the
- Conduct periodic inspection of the facility and report any
unsafe condition or condition posing a potential conflict with
environmental permits or regulations to local management.
- Perform plant cleanup standards tasks during and at the end of
an operation or work day.
- Complete all deviation reports, including safety, environmental
and work orders.
- Respond to any direction provided by facility management.
- Prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment
for maintenance or repair.
- Execute all tasks related to startup and shutdown of equipment
in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in emergency response activities.
- Controlling, monitoring and adjustment of all control systems
and manually operated equipment.
- Must be able to climb and work at elevated heights.Knowledge
- High School Graduate or GED desired but not required.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to
interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work
with minimum supervisionWork Experience:
- 2 to 4 years' experience as a process or fractionation operator
in a gas processing, petrochemical, liquid fractionation or
- 5+ years of Lead Operator and Supervisory experience.Skills and
- Have general knowledge of plant safety rules
- Must have basic computer skills (work/excel)
- Be ready and willing to receive standard training
- Must be able to read and interpret an SDS, also know the
location of the SDS book
- Be able to follow the Hurricane and flood procedures if
- Must be able to read and process an order in an adequate time
- Knowledge of our quality policy and objectives
- Must understand Nitrogen blanketing, purging and drying
- Must understand sampling procedure (railcar, truck and
- Learn basic product identification
- Proper hose selection, cleaning and storage
- Must be able to apply steam to railcars, trucks, tanks and
pumps in a safe manner.
- Must be able to accurately gauge any tank, railcar or truck,
and be able to interpret the automated gauging system
- Must be able to load and/or unload any railcar or truck and
covert lbs/gallons to determine load capacity
- Must be able to fill any tote, pail or drum ordered from the
- Tank, tank truck and tank car trans loading
- Must be able to follow all procedures when handling "food
Grade" productsPhysical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
regularly required to use their hands to handle, or feel, reach
with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- The team member frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, and crouch.
- The team member is occasionally required to sit.
- The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10
pounds, frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally move or
manipulate drums weighing between 200-400 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Equal Opportunity Employer -
minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
Keywords: Third Coast Terminals, Pearland , Reactor Operator, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!