Regional Patient Safety Spec - Southeast & Pearland
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: January 8, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of
it.Job SummaryThe Patient Safety Specialist will coordinate the
patient safety programs within a hospital. The Patient Safety
Specialist will work collaboratively with other enterprise,
regional and hospital patient safety specialists. The Patient
Safety Specialist will identify methods for reduction of
medical/health care errors and other factors that contribute to
unintended adverse outcomes. The Patient Safety Specialist will
facilitate safety assessments and coordinate the activities of the
patient safety committees, educate physicians, nurses, and other
practitioners on the system-based causes for medical error. The
Patient Safety Specialist will communicate literature-based ideas
regarding effective patient safety strategies to others within the
hospital and facilitate implementation of the patient safety
program within the hospital. The Patient Safety Specialist assists
in the development of and implementation of Patient Safety
improvement projects within the hospital while working in
conjunction with physicians, directors and clinical staff. The
Patient Safety Specialist supports the collection, analysis and
reporting of patient safety and financial data in relation to cost
containment, performance improvement and patient safety. The
Patient Safety Specialist promotes interdisciplinary collaboration,
fosters team work and champions service excellence.Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation:Bachelors degree or
above in nursing, pharmacy, or related clinical areaLicenses/
Certifications:CPHRM, CPHQ, and/or CPSO Certification
preferredExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years in Healthcare setting, with two years'
experience in quality, risk, or patient safety activities
- Leadership capabilities
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient in event analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of high reliability methodology
- Experience in healthcare/clinical education
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Conduct the investigation, summary reporting, data analysis,
response planning, implementation and follow-up of all events of
harm root cause analyses within a hospital.
- Conduct periodic Common Cause Analyses of individual and system
failure mode data within a hospital.
- Educate and coach hospital staff in conducting Apparent Cause
Analyses on precursor and potentially near miss events.
- Participate in and coordinate comprehensive hospital data
collection pertaining to patient safety to meet national, state,
regional and internal measures.
- Direct activity to meet Joint Commission National Patient
Safety Goals, including education, monitoring, updating, and policy
and procedure compliance.
- Coordinate the Patient Safety Climate survey within a
- Contribute to short term and long term robust process
improvement projects to continuously improve patient safety.
- Facilitate and further develop safety coaches within the
- Educate and reinforce hospital staff in the Breakthroughs in
Patient Safety and high reliability behavioral based
- Conduct Failure Modes and Effects Analyses on patient safety
- Participate in collecting accurate data pertaining to patient
safety indicator and hospital acquired condition measures.
- Sharing of best practices to allow for System-wide
- Collaborate with enterprise quality and patient safety program,
in particular the patient safety function, to share knowledge
leading to better outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Pearland , Regional Patient Safety Spec - Southeast & Pearland, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!