Sterile Processing Tech, 3:30PM-12:00AM- Pearland
Company: Pearland Hospital
Posted on: May 2, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition responsible for the preparation and packaging of
surgical instruments for sterilization utilizing principles of
Standard Precautions and utilizing Principles of Event Related
Sterility.Job DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation: High
School Diploma or GED and one (1) year of formal training or
education in a related allied/clinical healthcare
professionLicenses/ Certifications:Certified by the Board of
Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)orthe International
Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management
(IAHCSMM) required ormust obtain within one (1) year of hire
dateExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Sterile Processing or a
related allied/clinical healthcare profession role (e.g. Medical
Assistant, Scrub Tech, etc)
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in
conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and apply
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial
- Fundamental knowledge of the Sterile Processing department
rules, procedures and processes.
- Accurately handles and cares for instruments/equipment
appropriately, including appropriate selection of cleaning agents,
lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly
according to count sheet and preparation for sterilization.
- Identifies, documents, and reports equipment and tools in need
of repair and ensures maintenance is completed.
- Organizes, prepares, assembles, and sterilizes instruments,
equipment and supplies according to hospital/medical facility
standards of sterilization.
- Correctly peel-pack supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for
sterilization, inspects each instrument for use, function,
completeness, and cleanliness.
- Loads, monitors, operates and maintains different types of
cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and
- Assists in maintaining records of all equipment and supplies,
ordering of supplies as needed, and monitoring quality control and
infection control standards.
- Increases knowledge base by accepting more complex assignments
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Pearland Hospital, Pearland , Sterile Processing Tech, 3:30PM-12:00AM- Pearland, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!