Extrusion Line Lead
Company: Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Provides direction and follows through in the assembly process
from the raw materials and sub-assembly stage to the
pre-sterilization stage. Performs any of a variety of medical
assembly and processing tasks as a production team member. Provides
direction and follow through in the assembly process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Assembles medical products on an assembly operation, performing
a variety of tasks on a rotating basis.
- Checks products passing work stations on the assembly line to
confirm they are properly assembled and removes defective products
from the line according to quality criteria.
- Operates test equipment to ensure product is working
- Supports the assembly process by fulfilling work orders and
coordinating manufacturing processes independently by:
- Establishing work order priorities per customer needs and
evaluating the assembly process to ensure that priority orders are
- Coordinating with assemblers and other leads.
- Working with Quality Assurance to ensure that the assembly
process is meeting quality specifications.
- Training assemblers on manufacturing assembly, MPS's, QAP's,
GPS's, and various manufacturing work systems.
- Recording completed work orders and furnishing reports on a
- Ensures tables, belts and other equipment are cleaned on daily
- Coordinates with supervisory staff and employees from other
work areas to solve problems and achieve production goals.
- Participatesin solving problems and utilizing subordinates to
- Completes work quickly and effectively while communicating to
subordinates the importance of schedule adherence and reaching
- Supports team processes, team meetings, and daily data
collection to management.
- Acts as a change agent to support continuous improvement
- Performs other tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma or certificate of
- A minimum ofone yearof related work experience in assembly and
- Demonstrates the following:
- Meet scheduled assembly times while maintaining good quality
- Interpersonal skills, ability to delegate and work well as part
of an assembly team.
- Train assembly skills and motivate workers in the development
of team performance.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Basic reading, writing, and comprehension English skills.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Work order prioritization
- Work prioritization
- Assembly process/quality specifications
- Production reporting
- Team problem solving/team work
- Production processes/standards
- Basic computer skills
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely
to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing
their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that
do not require exposure.
Keywords: Merit Medical Systems, Inc., Pearland , Extrusion Line Lead, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!