Front Office Specialist I
Company: Texas Children's Hospital
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist - someone who
works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll
coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and
greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the
referral process, enter accurate billing information into system
and transmit accurate claims.
Think you've got what it takes?
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families
- Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Service
with HEART philosophies
- Assists patients with check in/check out.
- Answers telephone within six rings and directs calls per
- Takes complete and error free messages.
- Scans encounter sheet and all other relevant patient
information into patient encounter into EPIC with 100% accuracy and
within timelines established by practice.
- Balances payments received daily and completes spreadsheet for
Central Business office
- Verifies accurate patient demographics information with each
visit and enters into medical record and billing system per
practice protocol with 100% accuracy
- Verifies and collects correct co-payment with 100%
- Collects payments due in the form of cash, checks and credit
cards per policy and procedure.
- Collects and disseminates mail and deliveries per practice
- Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, of needed supplies
- Maintains integrity of medical record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year related experience
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing,
medical terminology, CPT coding and managed care referral
- Knowledge of related OSHA and JCAHO guidelines and
Texas Children's Pediatrics is the nation's largest primary
pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to
the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations
throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a
community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics
Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric
medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from
emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to
low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance. To join our
community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit
texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also
learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Keywords: Texas Children's Hospital, Pearland , Front Office Specialist I, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!