Company: Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center (Houston)
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for assisting with the protecting, securing
and promoting safety and security at a Memorial Hermann Hospital
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certified as a Certified Healthcare Advanced Security Officer
by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety
(if not certified upon date of hire, must be Certified as a
Certified Healthcare Basic Security Officer by the IAHSS and must
obtain Advanced certification no more than six (6) months after
- Must be licensed as a Commissioned Security Officer by the
Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (if not
licensed upon date of hire, must obtain license no more than
90 days after hire);
- Possession of a valid drivers license (if from out of state,
must obtain a Texas Drivers license within 90 days of
- Must be certified in Heartsaver CPR or Heartcode BLS CPRby the
American Heart Association (if not certified upon date of hire,
must obtain certification no more than 90 days after
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year security related experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Must be able to understand the English language and communicate
it effectively in both verbal and written form
- Proficiency in the use of computers is required
- Must be able to meet Physical Fitness Requirements as outlined
in the System Security Physical Fitness Standard (see the Standard
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Monitors assigned areas in a manner assuring maximum visibility
of the security presence; post in assigned area or conduct patrols
in vehicle or on foot; serving to ensure security of all designated
areas and access points; control vehicular access to buildings and
parking areas; identify and report all fire and safety hazards,
suspicious activities, or breaches of security.
- Controls access of areas and of materials by administering and
enforcing building visitor and materials pass programs. Have a
complete understanding of hospital, building management, and
departmental policies and procedures; post orders and comply with
their job requirements at all times.
- Responds to all security and emergency situations as dispatched
or assigned; assist patients, visitors and staff by answering
questions and by providing escorts, directions, and vehicle
- Completes and submits required Security Reports and activity
logs within assigned shift; properly operate and care for Security
equipment; maintain knowledge of locations and operation of
emergency systems and equipment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center (Houston), Pearland , Security Officer, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!