Supplemental Telemetry Tech, Varied Shift
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for coordinating and maintaining specialized
advanced technical skills, monitoring patients ECG rhythms,
interpreting results, and communicating effectively with the
healthcare team as determined by department procedure.
Education: Completion of a Telemetry Monitoring Technician
education program or one (1) year of related experience
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of ECG rhythms, as well as knowledge of the
monitoring system and the ability to review trends and alarms
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive
sitting, standing, and walking
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides precise continual surveillance and analysis of cardiac
rhythms on electrocardiographic central monitoring station,
documenting per established procedure; interprets ECG rhythms,
recognizes significant ECG events.
- Escalates significant or life-threatening changes immediately,
utilizing appropriate ECG algorithm, to a Registered Nurse, as
appropriate; communicates information in a clear, concise and
accurate manner to the responsible individual within established
- Obtains rhythm strips per hospital cardiac telemetry procedure;
operates and troubleshoots all functions of the telemetry
monitoring system; accounts for all monitors at the end of each
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patient and enters all
required information in telemetry monitoring system.
- Provides and ensures the highest level of service according to
established service standards, optimizing the patient
- Successfully completes MHHS dysrhythmia examination.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of
responsibility and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Pearland , Supplemental Telemetry Tech, Varied Shift, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!