Community Health Nursing Instructor (part-time)
Company: Adtalem Global Education Inc
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Opportunity at a GlanceChamberlain College of Nursing has
immediate need for qualified Clinical Faculty (part-time) to teach
in our program. We are presently accepting applications for the
September 2022 session in the following specialization: Community
Health NursingThe public/community health nurse's role as a partner
with the community to shape conditions supportive of health is
emphasized through application of the nursing process, beginning
with the assessment of the community's health, wellness needs and
available resources (Home health, hospice, clinic work, school
nursing, public health). Clinical teaching is typically scheduled
for one day or night shift for an at a clinical partner site.
Chamberlain students experience practice settings that include
large and small hospitals, long-term care facilities, community and
public-health agencies, faith-based service organizations, public
health agencies...anywhere healthcare is delivered. Our clinical
partners require all students and faculty to be fully vaccinated
against Covid-19, as such we will require proof of Covid-19
vaccination prior to scheduling clinical dates.
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program
outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching, and
service to the College, community, health system and
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision
and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an
individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self-available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level
of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to
agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the
assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with
student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments,
clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and
evaluation of the programs and the College.
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency
issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty
members to improve the overall operation of the college and student
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment
Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff,
and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration,
communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group
problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory rules and
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator
will also provide direct oversight.
- Handles related duties as assigned.QualificationsYou are
encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
- A master's or doctoral degree in nursing from a
regionally-accredited college or university
- An unencumbered Texas nursing license
- At least two years professional experience within last five
years in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to teach at
clinical partner sites
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent
written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion,
respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the
desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader
communityEEOWe are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem,
we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity
and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true
authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of
tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to
our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead
by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19.
Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance
with the organization's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to
the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state,
and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit
mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated
within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an
exemption from Adtalem's HR Coaching Resource Center because of
issues such as access or an approved medical or religious
accommodation.Who We AreChamberlain University has a 130-year
history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse
healthcare professionals who advance the health of people,
families, communities, and nations. We're 99,000 strong, with
31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion,
and determination to make a difference in today's complex
healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care, we've built a
culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate
extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of
people worldwide. Our regionally accredited University is comprised
of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions.
Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure
degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions
offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public
Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree.
Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global
Education, at . Commitment to Diversity and InclusionWe pride
ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring
their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion
needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don't just welcome
differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem To learn more about
our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, to visit our Diversity
Keywords: Adtalem Global Education Inc, Pearland , Community Health Nursing Instructor (part-time), Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!