Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Medical Technologist you want with your current employer? We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare
Pearland which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Houston Healthcare
Pearland, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Medical Technologist where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the
Medical Lab Technician performs routine, complex or specialized
bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological,
serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing
testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is
required prior to reporting.
- Maintains required competencies in all departments
- Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
- Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control
policies and procedures.
- Performs related quality control and required proficiency
testing according to policy and procedure.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and
to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance
improvement activities on the unit and with other service
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting
cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of
care. To actively market services to increase volume and
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to
protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate
compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and
uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of
social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians,
nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for
continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance,
punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude,
personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the
unit, facility and organization. Reports to: Laboratory
Director/Laboratory Manager Job Requirements:
Associate Degree in a Chemical,
Physical, Biological, or Medical Laboratory Technology/Clinical
Laboratory Technology (MLT/CLT) from an accredited institution. Or
be qualified under CLIA guidelines for MLT/CLT. This role requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and
/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved).As the first hospital in Pearland, Texas, is
proud to provide healthcare resources to the south Houston
communities. Our 50+ bed hospital isn't just a neighborhood
hospital, but we are an exceptional full-service hospital that
happens to be in your neighborhood. Our hospital provides expert
emergency care, breast cancer screening, and cardiology services.
Our emergency department provides fast and effective care, our
women's diagnostic imaging center provides full-service mammogram
procedures, including diagnostic and 3D mammograms, for effective
breast cancer screening, and our cardiology team is home to some of
the top Houston cardiologists. HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland
aspires to connect with each one of our patients to build a network
of caring individuals. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare,
the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part
of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA
Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible
in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Pearland , Medical Technologist, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!