Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as an Echocardiographer PRN you want with your current employer? We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare
Pearland which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Houston Healthcare
Pearland, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as an Echocardiographer PRN where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Echo Technician knows the meaning of medical
prescriptions pertaining to Echocardiography. Technician transports
patients, distributes final reports and maintains data management
system for tests. Perform Echoes, imaging, dobutamine tests and
other cardiology tests. The echo technician will be cross-trained
to other areas like EKG, Holters, Stress testing, and some other
duties as assigned by the department director. The Echo technician
will carry a beeper to ensure services are available 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week. Communicates effectively with other members of
the department as well as other departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates competency in U/S transducers, construction and
properties, crystal thickness, wavelength, frequency spectrum,
- Demonstrates competency in transducers beam configuration, near
and far field, focal zone, beam profile.
- Demonstrates competency in pulse characteristics, pulse
repetition frequency, pulse repetition period, and spatial pulse
- Demonstrates competency in technical factors for diagnostic
quality images, focal zone, depth, amplitude dynamic range and
compression, analog-to-digital converter (ADC), digital-to-analog
converter (DAC), brightness, contrast.
- Demonstrates competency in various display modes, real-time
imaging, and echognicity of reflectors, echo textures, and
- Demonstrates competency in obstetrics, first trimester,
standard measurements (e.g. heart rate, CRL, MSD), maternal anatomy
(uterus, cervix, and adnexa), and embryonic anatomy.
- Demonstrates competency in high risk and complicated pregnancy,
multiple gestations (chorionicity, amnionicity, and twin-to-twin
transfusion syndrome, conjoined), fetal biophysical profile.
- Demonstrates accuracy in Meditech training by: sending work
request, display and printing a variety of reports.
- Demonstrates competency with critical behaviors and age
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment disinfection between
patients.What qualifications you will need:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- College degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be registered in ONE of the following: ARDMS; CCI; RVS;
RCS; Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Current BCLS
- Hands on training required.
- Continuing education courses or courses of further documented
training are required.This role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).As the first hospital in Pearland, Texas, HCA Houston
Healthcare Pearland is proud to provide healthcare resources to the
south Houston communities. Our 50+ bed hospital isn't just a
neighborhood hospital, but we are an exceptional full-service
hospital that happens to be in your neighborhood. Our hospital
provides expert emergency care, breast cancer screening, and
cardiology services. Our emergency department provides fast and
effective care, our women's diagnostic imaging center provides
full-service mammogram procedures, including diagnostic and 3D
mammograms, for effective breast cancer screening, and our
cardiology team is home to some of the top Houston cardiologists.
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland aspires to connect with each one of
our patients to build a network of caring individuals. We are
members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of
hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of
healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are
stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the
patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Echocardiographer PRN opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Pearland , Echocardiographer PRN, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!