Company: Valley Veterinary Care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
General Description of Position: The receptionist is responsible
to check-in patients and providing great customer service at the
front of the house. very specific duty of the receptionist is to be
able to differentiate the difference between an emergency and a
routine office visit. Since the veterinary reception is the main
means of communication between the medical staff and the clients,
it is his or her job to communicate to the vet or vet techs any
emergencies that walk through the door. Other tasks may involve
keeping the waiting area clean and well organized, locking up at
the end of the day, calling to confirm appointments and collecting
and sending mail. Upon hiring, all new employees will be subject to
a 90-day probationary period during which time employment may be
terminated as determined by management. All requirements are
subject to change by the employer at any time. Reports to:
Receptionist Manager/Hospital Manager RECEPTIONIST DUTIES:
- Provide top-notch customer service.
- Being attentive to client and pet needs.
- Identify and work compassionately with clients in various
- Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled
- Answer and triage phone calls from clients.
- Schedule appointments and schedule procedures.
- Check-in clients.
- Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge.
- Monitor schedule and flow.
- Client call backs.
- Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty
- Fill prescriptions.
- Ensure that daily deposits balances and accurate.
- Discharge patients.
- Client education.
- Assist in cleaning the hospital including but not limited to:
keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking
out the trash and recycling, laundry, cleaning floors, bathrooms,
exam rooms, kitchen and kennels if needed.
- Process payment transactions.
- Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical
- Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or
- Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems,
word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to
effectively use the practice management software program. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: Small animal hospital, work in front and back of
hospital, high level of client interaction. Potential for exposure
to zoonotic diseases and possible hazardous materials. Continuing
Education Requirements: None at this time Exempt or Non-exempt
Status: Non-exempt position PI202143943
Keywords: Valley Veterinary Care, Pearland , Receptionist, Other , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!