Utility Maintenance Technician
Company: City of Pearland, TX
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are seeking energetic individuals to join our
Wastewater - Lift Station's team. The ideal candidate will work
under general supervision with responsibility for the maintenance,
repair, and upkeep of wastewater lift stations. The Wastewater
Treatment division's mission is to efficiently and effectively
treat City of Pearland wastewater to protect the environment as
well as public health, safety and welfare while ensuring the
effluent to receiving stream meets or exceeds all environmental
standards and regulations. Essential Functions:
- Maintains reports and files on lift station equipment and other
- Fills out work orders, time sheets and maintenance logs.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to collection
system lift stations and associated equipment.
- Pulls, inspects and cleans lift station pumps.
- Cleans and inspects check valves at the stations.
- Washes down pumping station, assists in vacuum cleaning of
station, removes rags and debris from floats and electrical power
- Inspects pull chains on pumps and replace as needed; inspects
wear-rings and impellers on pumps; exercises plug valves at the
station; inspects all mechanical and electrical items on lift
- Documents repairs made and fills out requests for work
requiring electrician or mechanic.
- Answers alarm calls and corrects pumping station problems.
- Checks operation of float switches in the station.
- Inspects wire ties on float and power cords and replace as
- Performs related work as assigned. Education, Experience, and
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least two (2) years experience in the maintenance and repair
of electrical motors and other equipment used in the operation of
waste water lift stations, preferred.
- Class II or III Wastewater Collection license
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: City of Pearland, TX, Pearland , Utility Maintenance Technician, Professions , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!