Driver, Class A Dry
Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The position is responsible for the safe and proper execution of
HydroChemPSC jobs across all service lines. This includes
responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving
operational efficiencies at the work site and ensuring accurate
documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion.
CDL Class A driver may operate roll off trucks, flat bed, tanker,
10 wheeler, box trucks, 70 barrel or 120 barrel trucks..
* High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
Skills and experience:
* Minimum of two years, verifiable service within the commercial
* Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by
air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and
personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
* Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in commercial
* CDL Class A with Hazardous and Tanker endorsements and an
acceptable driving record.
* Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
* Complete understanding of DOT's safety program & standards.
* Possess excellent communications and human relations skills
* Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting transportation
equipment is preferred
* Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
* Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair
status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
* Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders,
* Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
* Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage
to the vehicles immediately.
* Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services
* Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and
* Check all load-related documentation for completeness and
* Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
* Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying
instructions and routes.
* Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along
routes in compliance with state regulations.
* Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions,
connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or
manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
* Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to
ensure that there has been no damage.
* Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil,
fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
* Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
* Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or global
positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary
information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
* Load or unload hazardous and non-hardardouns waste materials from
trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special
loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
* Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with
applicable regulations and company policies, practices and
* Remove debris from loaded trailers.
* Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking straps
* Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities
* Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains.
* Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to
generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to
reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide
power for other equipment.
* Drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative
fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products or other
materials. Working Environment:
* Industrial setting - Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp
and Paper Mills, etc.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Pearland , Driver, Class A Dry, Professions , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!