Bulk Plant Operator -" Pearland, Texas
Company: SOLVCHEM, INC
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job DescriptionSolvChem, Inc. is seeking energetic, hardworking,
Bulk Plant Operators to join our Chemical production & distribution
plant facility in Pearland, TX. We offer a stable environment, an
employee minded culture and healthy leadership.We seek local
candidates that want to build a career and join our great culture!
This position is responsible for safely and timely unloading of
bulk and liquid products from tank trucks to storage vessels as
well as loading products into trucks for delivery to customers. The
Pearland facility operates 8 hours shift with extended hours, so
overtime is required.
- Fantastic benefits!
- Employer paid medical and life insurance
- Optional dental / vision / dependent
- Vacation / sick pay / generous holidays
- Quarterly Bonus
- 401K (5% match)Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Performs the safe and timely unloading daily of bulk dry
products and liquid products from rail cars to storage vessels
within the facility.
- Operates or learns to operate all transloading equipment,
performs work safely and productively.
- Loads bulk trucks from top loading silos and loads liquid bulk
trucks from storage tanks.
- Performs general maintenance and upkeep on equipment and
- Responsible for maintaining safe and clean work environment by
performing housekeeping and clean up on waste or spilled product
complying with all Company procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Keeps accurate and orderly records of all products received and
disbursed per company requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining ongoing
communications with office, management, and fellow personnel.
- Performs all duties safely in accordance with Company
procedures and applicable safety requirements.
- Promote a safe working environment with exceptional leadership
in all the company Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as
assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the
department. Will performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Forklift operator certification to operate an industrial
powered lift truck or ability to obtain.
- Minimum of two (2) plus years or more in an industrial
environment/ chemical industry a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) plus years working with unloading tankers of
bulk liquid products and loading of hazardous materials in
totes/barrels is required.
- Mandatory use of respiratory protection equipment.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical fitness test and drug
- Understanding of chemical processing and material handling
- Experience with hand held scanner for inventory locations or
related technology computer systems preferred. Knowledge, Skill &
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer
focus, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the company
and the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; self-starter that
works well in a team environment
- Bilingual – Read, write, communicate (English/Spanish)
- Analytical aptitude, commitment to accuracy and quality,
problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collectively.
- Time management, with the ability to meet deadlines under
pressure and effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage
multiple tasks & multiple priorities
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift
- Proactive disposition with strong follow through skills
Physical Demands/Working & Environmental Conditions:
- Will work in a bulk plant open air environment, with regular
exposure to drilling fluids products, (including crude oils, gases,
acids, and other oilfield chemicals), occasionally, in confined
spaces; and to heat, humidity, inclement weather, and noise.
- Position requires occasional long hours, work on the evenings,
occasional weekends or holidays when needed.
- Plant environment including; stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel,
bend, or crouch and use of hands to grasp, handle, feel, reach with
hands and arms, lift/ pick up and type.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods.
- Must be able to pass company's Drug & Alcohol Screenings.
- Required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is
occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including
climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
- This position is required to wear personal protection equipment
(PPE) including but not limited to full face respirator, chemical
protection suite, steel-toed boots, rubber gloves, face shield,
- This position must pass an annual respirator fit test. Exposure
to fumes, dirt, noise and hazardous chemicals on a daily basis. May
require safety equipment and/or precautions. SolvChem offers
competitive wages and benefits.SolvChem is an equal opportunity
employer and encourages applications from all qualified
individuals. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
Keywords: SOLVCHEM, INC, Pearland , Bulk Plant Operator -" Pearland, Texas, Professions , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!