CDL A Driver
Company: White Cap
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Call (888) 986-4671 for more information!
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Make long-haul deliveries to customer job sites while
adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and
unload at customer site. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customer and contacts customer if they
are not present.
- Loads truck with merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customer.
- Pulls orders to match manifest.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of Class A license required. Operate vehicle with GVW
over 26,000 pounds in combination.
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification.
- Hazardous Material certification may be required.
- Proper licensing relative to equipment. If you're looking to
play a role in building America, consider one of our open
opportunities. We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area Logistics
Recruiter McKenzie, Nicole Req ID WCJR-006140 White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Qualified candidates, call (888) 986-4671 or click to apply
Keywords: White Cap, Pearland , CDL A Driver, Professions , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!