Pharmacy Technician I PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Pharmacy Technician I PRN? At HCA Houston
Healthcare Pearland, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed
up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team
members over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Houston
Healthcare Pearland, offers a total rewards package that supports
the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacy Technician I PRN like you
to be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsAs a
Pharmacy Technician, you will dispense medications, maintain drug
inventory and accurately update patient records, under the direct
supervision of the pharmacist. What you will do in this role:
- You will fill medication orders requested by physician or
pharmacist, and deliver to patient care and other areas.
- You will dispense controlled substances with proper
documentation; counting discrepancies and reporting any suspected
diversions to the pharmacist.
- You will be responsible for ensuring there is an adequate stock
of medications and supplies, according to established policies and
- You will assist ordering; receiving, unpacking, and storing
pharmaceuticals and related supplies in the appropriate locations,
rotating stock and replacing outdated and unusable drugs.
- You will picks up orders, requisitions, and medications for
return from patient care areas when on delivery rounds.
- You will be responsible for organizing and prioritizing work
assignments; responding timely to urgent and routine requests. What
qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or GEDis required
- 2 years of related experience is preferred.
- Active Registered pharmacy technician or pharmacy intern, as
per State requirements, with the appropriate State Board of
Pharmacy is required. This role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA
Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and
reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative
functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We
develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs
for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical
professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Pharmacy Technician I PRN opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Pearland , Pharmacy Technician I PRN, Professions , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!